At Wolastoqiyik Family Services, we aim to be leaders in providing family services to First Nation families, individuals, youth and elders. Utilizing an approach driven by cultural values and beliefs, our goal is to reaffirm the strength and resiliency of First Nation communities.
Responsibility to Clients in our Alternative Home(s):
- Fosters growth and positive life choices, while promoting individuals in becoming connected to their community and traditions.
- Maintain a social and emotional climate within the alternative home that is therapeutically oriented and follows the client’s treatment goals to include communicating with the client in a respectful and professional manner exhibiting empathy and understanding.
- Responsible for ensuring the safety of all clients in accordance with the policies and procedures of the program.
- Must demonstrate a high level of professionalism both on and off the job.
- Must have good analytical skills and be able to exercise good judgment in making quick decisions if required to act in a crisis.
- Must be responsible, reliable, and a team player.
- Completing daily documentation and report writing.
- Responsible to communicate any issues/concerns relating to client(s) immediately to your reporting supervisor.
- Arrange monthly staff schedules.
- Ensure staff carry out daily routines and meeting the objectives in their house case plan.
- Monitor staff behavior, Organize staff check-ins
- Complete weekly/ bi-weekly summarized reports and submit to Social Worker
- Complete monthly activity calendars for clients in the Alternative Home.
- Read daily logs and prepare any notes needed for management meetings.
- Monitor daily all medical (medication) sheets to ensure that staff has signed for the appropriate medication passed and that there are no omissions, errors, etc.
- Research for new techniques to promote success for or clients and company.
- 2 or more years working in a supervisor role or with 2-3 years’ experience and education working with youth.
- Leadership and motivational skills.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- The ability to build relationships with colleagues at all levels.
- To be able to plan and prioritize your own work and other people's.
- Decision-Making Skills